First Zone Conference

   

The Lusaka Zone is the largest in the mission. Don’t you love seeing all these happy faces? Of course what 18-21 year old isn’t happy when he/she is eating!

My responsibility for Zone Conference was to cook!! So roast, potatoes and carrots was the main coarse. The USA missionaries loved it…not so much the African missionaries. But all express gratitude! 

If anyone has suggestions on what to feed 26 or so hungry missionaries, I’m all up for suggestions!! I’m serious in this request!!! Crock pot meals are best because the meeting places do not have kitchens or refrigerators and we have to transport the food.

A funny thing happened while Sister Hales and I were making the gravy: we stirred and stirred and stirred the gravy, waiting for it to thicken. Sister Hales even went to the grocery store while I kept stirring. Finally, after a long time, we decided the gravy was thick enough so we turned the stove down to one. Within seconds the gravy started to boil! Everything in Zambia is backwards…including the controls on the stove! One is high…six is low!! Who would have thought?

Comments

  1. I'm going to be thinking, Janis, on what to suggest that you can cook. I'm not very good at cooking in really BIG amounts--other than Spaghetti or Mashed Potatoes....stuff like that. And I'm sorry to say--I do not use a crockpot very often at all., so I don't have any ideas on what to make in that. (I sure am enjoying your writings and pictures, though!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been a fantastic cook! They will all learn to love your American cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angels Round About Them

Lots of good-byes