Rabbits and avacados

 


We were invited to have dinner with a family here in Lusaka. They have become good friends with the Hales so we all went together. I’m quite leery of eating in strange places and strange foods but we were assured that we would be okay.

The Quero’s are originally from the Philippines but have lived in Zambia for the past six years. Very nice and gracious family. Brother Quero is a counselor to President Whiting. He works with the Pathways program. There is a huge push Pathways in this area. Education is so vital!!

Guess what they fed us? New foods…at least to me! Hal ate rabbit when he was younger so no big deal to him! I was brave once again and tasted rabbit. So out of my comfort zone!

Have you ever seen an avacado this big!

Comments

  1. Janis--I sure don't like the idea of you having to taste Rabbit in a setting where it may not TASTE GOOD!! Mom cooked rabbit for us all the time, and she made it taste WONDEFUL! Dennis had never tasted rabbit, but she fixed it for him, and he goes on and on in a Positive vein, about how GREAT our Mom's fried rabbit was.

    I fried up a cottontail rabbit for Lance and his friend Willie one time when they were teenagers--and they LOVED it! I will need to talk to Hal one of these times and see what he thought about the rabbit he had there where you are, and see if he thought it was at all Good.... And after you get back home, if you are Brave enough--I'll fix rabbit for YOU and show you how it's SUPPOSED to taste, and I bet you'll like it fine... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angels Round About Them

Out of the Hospital