Rose Daudi

 

Her name is Rose Daudi from Tanzania. I was so impressed with her the other day while she was in my office, I had to write something about her!

She joined the church less than two years ago and is the only member in her family. She met the missionaries while attending a university, studying computer maintenance. She said that she “ran away” from them!๐Ÿคฃ A short while later she met different missionaries, but this time she did not run and was soon baptized.

I was asking her about her family and since she already had a FamilySearch account, I let her log on. Her tree consisted of herself and her parents. Well, we spent the next hour or so adding grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. As I directed her she mentioned two babies that had died. So we added them, even though she didn't know if they were male or female or their names. She promised to ask her mother lots of questions the next time she talks to her. Like I have said before there are very few, if any, records that contain genealogical information so all information has to be gathered through people and what they can remember! 

What was really neat about this experience was that this lead to her asking questions about death and the resurrection and we had a sweet gospel discussion. Tears came to my eyes a few times as I could sense her sweet, yet strong spirit! I was really glad a couple of Elder's came in and clarified and taught us both things I should have known, but didn't (or at least I couldn't recall)! So it doesn't matter if you have been a member of the church your whole life or newly baptized, there is always more to learn!

Sister Daudi began learning English when she went to the MTC just this past July. She does very well for such a short time!

I just think it is amazing that she wanted to go on a mission and is willing to serve our Father in Heaven. It shows her humility, courage, and strength of her testimony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angels Round About Them

Out of the Hospital