Last adventures


 

Certainly can't leave without a few more challenges. A couple of days ago I noticed a little water on the bathroom floor...nothing big...but I did mention it to Hal. Well, within a couple of days the water was becoming a little more serious so Hal put some buckets to catch the drips from the geezer outside, thinking it was the geezer that was  leaking too much.
When we woke up to water ALL over we decided it was more than just the geezer. Used towels to mop up the excess water but it was coming in almost as fast as I could keep wringing out towels.

Oreen had asked if she could do some work for us so today was the day we had arranged for her to come and help me with some deep cleaning that I haven't been able to get to. I did not go to the office. She was a life saver! She helped with the water issues besides getting into corners and got the house clean so we will feel better about leaving.
I didn't like asking her to clean because she already works too hard I believe. I insisted that she sleep in and not come until 9 or 10 in the morning instead of her usual 6:00 AM.  I fed her lunch, paid her well, sent extra food home with her, and gave her a backpack and a pair of shoes and let her go home while it was still daylight. You would have thought I had given her the world!

That was only the beginning......

 

Sister Banda (she was baptized just a few weeks ago) had been hired to prepare food for Zone Conference today. She was going to use the kitchen at the mission office but of course there was no power!!! So Hal brought her to our apartment where she used our tiny kitchen. 

 Her daughter Grace was a big help. And we peeled, chopped, and sliced all kinds of food. Sister Banda cooked. I am quite confident that she would not have been able to get it all done without the extra help. Even Oreen stopped cleaning for a few minutes to help peel eggs. Even though we were very late in getting the food to Zone Conference, I think it all turned out well. I gently recommended to Sister Banda that she simplify and not do so many different things, just focus on just a few items. She loves to cook and wanted everything to look perfect because she really wants and needs the job.

Tomorrow will be another run...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angels Round About Them

Lots of good-byes